Credits to nupandu of SBHow to Root Alcatel One Touch 918N
The following instructions will lead you how to root your Alcatel One Touch 918N.Prerequisite
1. A desktop computer running Windows XP, Vista or 7 (For sure many of us here using windows operating system) in 32bit (I tried to root my phone in 64bit but it did not work please confirm this if get it wrong).
2. Your unrooted android phone and courage to do these procedures
3. Alcatel PC Suite for Alcatel OT 918N. DOWNLOAD: [ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]
(I think it’s optional)
4. SuperOneClick v2.3.3 link DOWNLOAD: [ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]
5. PdaNet for Android PC Installer (PdaNetA325) link provided below.
6. Enable USB Debugging (Settings/Application/Development).
7. Unmount your SD Card (Setting/Storage/Unmount SD Card).Procedures
1. Download all the necessary files for rooting.
2. Install Alcatel PC Suite for driver of the device. Install as your regular application.
3. Plug your device to your PC.
4. Run SuperOneClick v2.3.3 and click Root. It will prompt you to install BusyBox, do so. Wait until the application told to you that your phone is successfully rooted.
5. Unplug your device and congratulation your device has successfully rooted.
6. If SuperOneClick prompted you that no drivers found (in my case Bluetooth Driver is not found) then close SuperOneClick first and install PdaNetA325.exe.
7. While Installing, it will prompt you to choose the manufacturer of your device, choose Others.
8. Once successfully installed, you may proceed to run SuperOneClick again.
9. Tadaa… Your phone successfully rooted.
There are some cases that SuperOneClick will say that there are no drivers detected. When this happens, all you just have to do is close SuperOneClick, and then install PdaNetA325.exe. Get it from this link. DOWNLOAD: [ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]
Upon installation of PdaNetA325.exe, choose Others when prompted on a selection screen.
After PdaNetA325.exe has been installed, you can now proceed on trying to use SuperOneClick again and do the rest of the steps to get your Alcatel 918N hacked/rooted.
NOTE: Disclaimer. Try at your own risk. You are always responsible for your actions.
This rooting process has been tested by many, and is guaranteed to work with no problems when done right and as instructed.How to patch V6 SuperChargerWhat is v6 SuperCharger?
V6 SuperCharger is a script, take not it’s a script not and an app developed by zeppilinox of xda-forums to optimize and organize memory consumption and allocation of our device, in a nut shell it makes our device run smooth without lag and redrawing. The author also declare that it is far more reliable to any other Killer Apps and working to any Android Device whether you’re using Stock ROM or Custom ROM. It has a risk in running the script but the author said that it is minimal, so don’t worry it won’t break your phone.Prerequisites
1. Rooted Phone
2. Busybox Installer that can be downloaded to Google Play, formerly Android Market, just download and install it to your device.
3. Script Manager that can also be downloaded to Google Play.
4. V6 SuperCharger V9RC5 Script 6.1 in .pdf format (It’s a .pdf file I swear but don’t know why).
5. You can also try the script provided by the author in his post in XDA just download V6_SuperChargerScript_for_Android-update7.sh.txt or V6_SuperChargerScript_for_Android-update8.sh.txt just google it. Procedures
Note: The script looks familiar right just like command prompt in windows. You can use your keyboard here to response for the queries by touching the cursor and your keyboard will be prompted. Everything stated here were just my point of view, I’m not pertaining to the steps how to setup supercharging but into the options you need to choose to optimize your device using this incredible script.
1. Install and Open Busybox Installer (Select Busybox 1.18.2 since it is recommended by the author).
2. Install and Open Script Manager. Touch MENU Pad then Touch MORE and Advance Option then Config. Check for the field of BROWSE AS ROOT.
3. Download and place the V6 SuperCharger script to your SD card.
4. Open your Script Manager and locate the script file then RUN AS ROOT or if you don’t see RUN AS ROOT touch the Super User Icon, if its green Touch RUN.
5. If the script asked you to choose from BUILD.prop or LOCAL.prop, choose LOCAL.prop.
6. If the script asked about System Integration, choose YES.
7. Wait until the script show you option from 1-31.
8. Option 1 will show your current status about super charging. Just a plain status that’s it.
9. After option 1 you will see that from option 2 to 9, options were grouped into 3 except for the last two so (2,3,4) (5,6,7) and (8,9). The above numbers (256 HP) that make them grouped are that approximately maximum RAM of your device so only choose options on the same group.
10. Since Alcatel OT918N has 150MB of RAM approximately lets choose options from 2 to 4.
11. You will see label for this option like UnLedded (Multitasking), Ledded (Balanced) and Super UL (Aggressive) it tells you how are you going to optimize your memory consumption so choose what’s best to your need.
12. Now pick option 10 to set minfrees values.
13. If the script asked you to restart your phone please do so.
14. Option 11 to 13 tells you what Launcher Setup you are going to use. Is it Hard to Kill, Die Hard or Bulletproof. I think the author just exaggerate the names of this Launcher Setup as it pertain how your current launcher behave as by default our launcher experiencing redrawing each time we open and close an application. Choose Die Hard.
15. Choose option 18 for Engine Flush this option will flash your RAM not how Task Manager works were all your application can be close to free up some memory. This option is a good way if your experiencing some slow down to you device so make a habit to run this option.
16. Choose option 20 for Nitro Lag Nullifier as what the label means it experimental still won’t hurt your device just try it.
17. Choose option 31 to close the script but don’t close the script manager yet instead go to /data/99supercharger.sh and run this script as root and make sure that are browsing as root. And restart phone to save settings.
18. The other options are still mystery in my mind sorry for that.
19. After the above setup try to check your status and you will see that you are 100% supercharged. Congratulation.
Sorry for my bad English and hope that it helps you to make your device more useful. That’s all.
To have a shortcut for engine flush or any script you want to run have a widget of script manager to your desktop I know you already know that. Please visit the original source in xda forum just search for v6 supercharging.Partitioning Micro SD
This method is not limited for Alcatel phones only but as far as I know this is the general way how to partition Micro SD that most of Android phone available in the market uses. For the sake of everyone asking how to do this, I appended this tutorial to our thread.Why do we need to partition Micro SD Card?
Micro SD card is the primary storage that some of android devices use in order to save data that we are using. We need to utilize the use of this storage device for us to maximize the optimal uses of the device and its application. Through this tutorial I will guide you how you will attain that goals.Prerequisites
1. Micro SD of any size but preferably 2GB and up.
2. Any Adapter that can be use to connect our Micro SD to our computer.
3. MiniTool Partition Application (Take note that this is a windows application, the link provided below)
4. It’s always a practice to BACK UP your things before starting this tutorial.Procedures
1. Download the MiniTool Partition Application and Install as your regular application.
2. Insert your micro SD to the adapter available for you such as Micro SD Adapter that mostly when you bought a new card it is included in the package or any N in 1 card adapter that sometimes we can bought this awesome product in CD-R King or simply plug your device to your machine with the micro SD inserted and use USB Connection.
3. When our phone already plug in and the drive can be seen in our computer as a removable disk we can now start to partition.
4. Open the MiniTool Partition App and it will prompt you the drives that are available to your machine. Make sure that you are selecting the right drive or else you know already.
5. As you can see in the image above I’m using a 2GB card but the card is already used and has a 60.12MB of used space.
6. Simply Right Click on the drive and select Delete to delete the partition. Don’t worry it will not yet applied any changes unless if you’re going to hit the Apply button already.
7. Now select Create and you will be prompted with a window as you can see below. By the way in the left pane of the window for this application you will be seeing some of the information regarding the processes that can be done and also the operations that will execute when the changes applied.
8. Make a Partition Label for the new partition of any name; set Create As as Primary, for your main partition just select FAT32 in File System and for your secondary partition select FAT32 since ext2, ext3 and ext4 is not supported to our device. Select Drive Letter of your choice and set the Partition Size of your choice for this particular partition. Then Click OK.
9. To Create our second partition just right click the unallocated space and select Create and prompted you with a window below. Just Click Yes.
10. Repeat Step 8 with the remaining spaces and Click Ok.
11. After all changes done, just Click Apply and viola your Micro SD is now ready for the next big thing.How to Link Application to your SD Card
After partitioning were now in the midst of thinking why we go all the trouble to partition our SD Card, now this is the big thing, we can use this 2nd partition of our SD Card to be our dumping site for the application files that our favorite application uses or simply we can put the application in our external storage rather that residing it to our precious internal memory. There are many ways and technique to do this such as Data2SD and A2SD but current I’m still doing a research on how to accomplish this method to our device. As far as I know, this method is the easiest and general way on how to do it.Prerequisites
1. Rooted Phone.
2. Link2SD Application (link provided below)Procedures
1. Download and install Link2SD app to your android device. This application required that your device is rooted.
2. If first time to use, allow this application to have a root access. You will be seeing list of your application installed to your device. We can filter, search and sort application base on the selected criteria and the action can be done above the list.
3. Link2SD support the native way to transport application to our SD card called the App2SD but App2SD does not totally transfer all the files regarding that application and still some part of it reside to internal memory. We can distinguish such condition to our application if the tag ‘on SD Card’ can be seen in the application information.
4. Our real objective here is to link that application to our SD card 2nd partition so to do this just click any application you want and you will be directed to this window. In the symbolic link section click create link. Select and of these three (if available for all) then click Ok. Wait for a couple of minutes then your application is now linked to our SD card.
5. To check go back to the list of application and you will be greeted with a note below the application information that the application is linked (Linked -> SD Card).
6. To check storage info Click Menu -> Storage Info. Link2SD supported Multiple Selected to make linking application more comfortable just Click Menu -> Multi-Select then select the applications you want to link.
7. For more information regarding the terms that you encounter during the process you may refer to the following links.Links for Apps in Rooting[ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ][ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]Links for Apps in V6 SuperCharging[ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]Link for Partitioning[ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]Link for Application Link[ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]